The cost of energy is an unavoidable expense and—for many—a significant one. The reasoning behind fluctuations in pricing remains a mystery to most homeowners and, for those who prefer a more reliable method of budgeting, it can be a source of great stress. However, when you choose an energy supplier like UGI EnergyLink, you can keep your bills under control so your hard-earned dollars go farther than ever before.
Common Reasons for Your Inflated Energy Bills
If any of these reasons sound familiar, you’re one step closer to lowering your energy bills:
- Your home isn’t energy efficient. A professional energy audit can help to identify areas of weakness and offer solutions for improvement.
- You’re using more energy than usual. Shorter days, colder temperatures, or the addition of new electronics equipment or appliances can increase energy usage.
- Your appliances are old. Inefficient, aging appliances can be a drain on resources, meaning you may benefit from upgrading to new ENERGY STAR® rated replacements.
- You’re using the wrong electricity provider. Make UGI EnergyLink your residential electricity provider for the most reliable, cost effective energy solutions.
Tips to Reduce Energy Usage
Implement the following changes to lower your monthly energy bills:
- Use a programmable thermostat. Stop paying to heat or cool your home when you’re not there. A programmable thermostat allows you to preset your HVAC system to raise or lower the temperature according to your family’s schedule and for times you are home and awake, asleep, or away.
- Wash clothes in cold water. Cold water detergents and innovations in technology mean washing machines are more effective at cleaning your clothes than ever before. This eliminates the need for wasteful hot water loads.
- Flip the switch and pull the plug. Turn off lights when you leave the room and unplug small appliances and electronics when not in use.
- Seal air leaks. Seal leaks around doors and windows with caulk or weather stripping to prevent heat transfer between the indoors and the outside.
- Replace your light bulbs. LED and CFL light bulbs have come down significantly in price, and provide a great return on your investment in comparison to incandescent bulbs.
- Maintain your appliances. Routine maintenance for all major appliances helps to keep them in good working order, and can help to reduce the amount of energy they use during performance.
Make UGI EnergyLink Your Energy Supplier in PA
Electricity deregulation in Pennsylvania means consumers are free to shop for the lowest electricity rates and the best service. UGI EnergyLink has been in the energy business for over 125 years, and can help you save on electricity costs by supplying you with the most reliable and cost-effective electricity for your home or business.
At UGI EnergyLink, our focus is on meeting the ongoing energy needs of our residential and commercial customers with convenient, flexible pricing options to help lower your monthly energy bills. Transitioning to UGI EnergyLink for electric service is simple, and the quality and reliability of our services is second to none.
Call UGI EnergyLink today to make the switch and lower your residential electricity costs. Take the first step towards savings by filling out our online enrollment form or giving us a call at 800-797-0712!