Commercial natural gas has many uses, and one use commonly overlooked is for parks and recreation. When managing a park or other facility used for recreation, there are many different factors that contribute to your bottom line—energy bills, payroll, cost of goods sold, and property maintenance are all just a start!
The PA natural gas market was deregulated in 1999 as part of the Natural Gas Choice and Competition Act. As a result, city governments and business owners are eligible to select their natural gas provider in order to maximize business savings and increase competition within the natural gas industry. Keep reading to learn more about natural gas use and benefits for parks and recreational facilities.
Natural Gas Use by Parks and Recreational Facilities
Parks and other recreational facilities include:
- Music halls
- Ice skating rinks
- Indoor sports academies
- Arenas and stadiums
- Agricultural centers
- And more!
Natural gas is commonly used in these parks and recreational facilities for:
Heating, cooling, and ventilation. Natural gas efficiently fuels the heating and cooling system within your park or recreation center. This is extremely important in places like gymnasiums, ice skating rinks, and agricultural centers where proper temperatures are critical to protecting patrons from drastic temperature changes when exerting physical energy, or to protect plants and animals from unhealthy climates.
Cooking and preserving food. Natural gas appliances are some of the most common types of gas powered kitchen appliances. Found in many parks and/or recreation centers, concession stands often include gas powered refrigerators, stoves, ovens, freezers, fryers, and more. Natural gas provides reliable energy for precise temperature control, reliability, and quality.
Benefits of Natural Gas
There are many benefits to using natural gas for your park or facility. Natural gas is:
- The cleanest fossil fuel
- Can be used anywhere in your facility
- Domestically abundant
To read more about the benefits of commercial natural gas benefits, click here.
Why Choose UGI EnergyLink to Supply Commercial Natural Gas for Parks & Recreational Facilities?
Part of UGI Energy Services, LLC., UGI EnergyLink is a Fortune 500 company serving Pennsylvania (PA), Maryland (MD), New York (NY), New Jersey (NJ), Delaware (DE), Washington DC, Massachusetts (MA), Ohio (OH), North Carolina (NC), and Virginia (VA).
Commercial Natural Gas Pricing Options
We provide affordable commercial natural gas pricing options throughout our service areas, including:
- Fixed Pricing – Achieve price certainty for periods that range from several months to more than a year by locking in a fixed price. It’s an ideal option that can help you manage your energy budgeting more easily.
- Monthly Pricing – Buying at a monthly price gives you some certainty on energy costs while allowing monthly flexibility to take advantage of variable market conditions.
- Triggered Pricing – Your UGI EnergyLink representative will help you control commodity prices by recommending NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange) triggers at the most attractive pricing levels for your business.
- Fuel Switching for Savings – Depending on market conditions, you may be able to use varied fuel choices to maximize your purchasing power. We can switch deliveries among natural gas, fuel oil, or propane, based on your preferences, to take advantage of product price differentials at any particular time.