Owning or managing a commercial property—a hotel, office building, shopping plaza, mall, restaurant, grocery store, etc—in North Carolina is a large responsibility. There are seemingly countless factors that affect your bottom line. As a business manager things like employee salaries, the cost of rent or your building lease, and cost of electricity all reduce profits. As an owner of a commercial property vacant office space, renovations and utility costs are all factors to consider when setting rent or purchasing prices.
At UGI EnergyLink, we can provide some stability to your budget with our commercial electric services and multiple pricing options. Keep reading to learn more about our electric services for commercial properties in North Carolina!
How Commercial Properties Use Electricity
In today’s fast paced world electricity is consumed at higher rates than ever before. From lighting an office to space heating and powering technology, it is virtually impossible to complete your day-to-day duties and operations without electricity.
In January 2015 alone, North Carolina commercial properties used approximately 3,939 million kilowatt-hours of electricity (according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration). At a price of $0.08 per kilowatt-hour, this price adds up quickly.
Many commercial properties use electricity in ways many employees don’t realize, including:
- Air Conditioning
- Lighting (indoor and outdoor lighting, security lighting, emergency lighting, parking lot lighting, etc.)
- Security (security systems, monitors, cameras, etc.)
- Powering technology (computers, telecommunications, machines, etc.)
- Heating water
- And more!
Give us a call to learn more about our commercial electric services or use our easy enrollment form to make the switch to UGI EnergyLink — 800-797-0712!
Tips to Reduce Your Electrical Consumption
Looking for ways to reduce your electrical consumption and lower your energy bills? Follow these three easy steps from UGI EnergyLink!
- Change your habits – Easy to say, difficult to do. Before leaving the office, be sure to turn off all unnecessary lights, computers, printers, copy machines, or other electrical devices that use significant amounts of electricity when not in use. Additionally, you can install motion activated lights to conserve energy in back rooms or offices that are not frequently used.
- Renovate – Although a more expensive option up front, renovating the equipment and critical systems in your building can have a significant impact on your property’s electrical consumption and efficiency. LED lighting and upgrading the electrical equipment in your building are just a couple ways to reduce your energy bills.
- Switch to UGI EnergyLink’s commercial electric services – By enrolling in our commercial electric services, you can choose between two unique pricing options to help you better budget for your business or property—fixed pricing and variable pricing.
Our Commercial Electric Pricing Options
Fixed Pricing Option
Fixed pricing is an excellent option for property managers who must meet specific budget criteria with a constant price for the entire period.
Variable Rate Pricing
Variable rate or indexed pricing is suitable for owners who are able to accept some level of risk by taking advantage of market pricing. Wholesale market conditions will dictate whether rates go up or down.
Why Switch to UGI EnergyLink?
At UGI EnergyLink, we’re here to help you make the best energy decisions for business. We have over 127 years of experience providing electricity to banks and other financial establishments throughout North Carolina and can provide you with the opportunity to save money on your monthly energy bills when you switch!
To determine the best electricity pricing option for your NC property, we will:
- Review your current buying habits—including an analysis of your month-to-month usage and seasonal fluctuations
- Develop a plan for purchasing electricity at more favorable rates or terms than you might get with your utility company or electricity marketer