While gym-goers burn calories throughout their workout, they also burn through electricity while on fitness equipment, such as treadmills and stationary bikes. If you manage or own a fitness facility, you likely have many energy drains—from lights and televisions to power-hungry exercise equipment—that can drive up your monthly utility bills.
While you might not be able to have complete control over your energy usage, in Pennsylvania, thanks to a deregulated commercial electricity market, you have control over the rate at which you pay and which company you receive service from.
Electricity Needs in Fitness Facilities
Your gym or studio uses electricity with almost every operation, including:
- Fitness equipment—including treadmills, stationary bikes, stair climbers, elliptical machines, rowing machines, etc.
- Space heating and cooling
- Lighting in the main workout room, locker rooms, and offices
- Refrigeration or cooking appliances in break rooms
- Computers or kiosks for checking in or enrolling new members
- Washing and drying machines
- And more
Electricity Deregulation & Benefits for Fitness Centers
By managing or owning a fitness center in Pennsylvania, which has deregulated its electricity market, you have the option to select from multiple service providers for your electricity—such as UGI EnergyLink. You aren’t bound to any specific utility or company, but you’ll still receive reliable service with no interruptions if you do choose to switch providers. The purpose of electricity deregulation is to offer lower prices and increase customer satisfaction for business owners like you, by introducing competition into the market.
By looking into your electricity rates with suppliers in your region, gym or studio owners like yourself are given the opportunity to take advantage of a competitive market and lower rates. Even saving a few pennies on your kWh (kilo watt per hour) rate can save your property hundreds or thousands on the bottom line each year.
When is the last time you looked at your electricity rate compared to the competitive PA market? Call us today at 800-797-0712800-797-0712 to find out how much you could save with UGI EnergyLink!
Pennsylvania Electricity Supplier for Gyms
When you’re shopping for electricity, you want to make smart decisions for your fitness facility. Controlling costs can sometimes be the toughest part of that job—especially for 24-hour centers that keep power on at all hours.
At UGI EnergyLink, we’re here to help. We have over 127 years of experience providing electricity to fitness facilities and other businesses throughout Pennsylvania and can provide you with the opportunity to save money on your monthly energy bills when you switch!
As a result of electricity deregulation, UGI EnergyLink can offer two pricing arrangements for you and other commercial electric customers: fixed pricing and indexed pricing. Fixed pricing is an excellent option for property managers who must meet specific budget criteria with a constant price for the entire period. Indexed pricing is suitable for owners who are able to accept some level of risk by taking advantage of market pricing. Wholesale market conditions will dictate whether rates go up or down.
To determine the best electricity pricing option for your PA fitness facility, we will:
- Review your current buying habits—including an analysis of your month-to-month usage and seasonal fluctuations
- Develop a plan for purchasing electricity at more favorable rates or terms than you might get with your utility company or electricity marketer (think about locking in a low rate before the New Year’s resolution crowds populate your building in January!)
Our commercial electric services are supplied to fitness facilities throughout Pennsylvania, including:
- Membership or franchise gyms
- Yoga and Pilates studios
- Dance centers
- Athletic clubs
- Country club fitness facilities
- CrossFit gyms
- Fitness centers within commercial buildings
- And more!
Contact us today or fill out our simple enrollment form to make the switch and see how much you could save!